On my TODO list: MySQL Engines: MyISAM vs. InnoDB.
I’m trying to make my mind up about whether I should be using mysqli or PDO for a project I’m just starting and I’ve found a few relevant articles:
- PDO vs. MySQLi: Which Should You Use?
- mysqli or PDO – what are the pros and cons?
- When to use MySQL, MySQLi, or PDO in PHP
- Should I use mysql, mysqli or PDO?
- Why you Should be using PHP’s PDO for Database Access
- Not Convinced PDO is Everything It’s Hyped Up to Be
- PHP Driver: MySQL vs MySQLi vs PDO MySQL
- PHP mysqli overview
- The diffrence beteen PHP’s PDO bindParam & bindValue
- PHP, PDO, MYSQLI opinions please
And based on all of that I think I’ve decided to use PDO.
Structs and classes can be laid out with padding between the data members for alignment purposes, and this padding doesn’t get initialised unless you specifically zero it out yourself. So if you’re using memcmp and comparing memory at pointers to structs you might have a problem if you’re expecting structs with equal data members to always be equal.