[ProgClub list] Pointers and recursion are among the most basic things in the world.

John Elliot jj5 at progclub.org
Sat Oct 1 09:48:43 AEST 2011

On 1/10/2011 9:01 AM, jedd wrote:
>   The book lists you posted earlier .. would drive me crazy with
>   their sheer volume - paralysed by abundance.

Half of them have arrived. It's been pretty handy being able to find the
books on C network programming that I'm doing. I have a problem with my
code, so I pick the related book and dive in. It's been great. I learned
about a socket option called SO_LINGER which tells the server to flush
its output buffer before tearing down the connection.

>   We need freedom/from/  choice, not freedom/of/  choice.:)

Choices are hard, aren't they. Sometimes they frustrate me too.