[ProgClub list] ai-checkers in jj5-test

John Elliot jj5 at progclub.org
Sun Oct 16 18:25:41 AEDT 2011

On 16/10/2011 4:04 PM, sanguinev at progsoc.org wrote:
> Generally, enumerating the entire space of possible board positions, and
> then moves is going to be difficult.

Just on that. I had hoped that maybe because the game was already
"developed" that enumerating possible games might be more tractable. It
doesn't seem like an "end game" position though, more of an early game
or mid game position. Red has 9 of its 12 pieces left, and white has 7
of its 12 pieces left, which is still a fair number of pieces. But it is
less than 12 each, which I think would be considerably more complex,
although I don't have a good intuition for these sort of things.

I tried to find a checkers board rating system, but didn't find
anything. Not knowing whose move it is makes this more challenging too,
but I think a simple way to rate the board would be to say that red has
more pieces and is therefore probably winning.