[ProgClub list] ai-checkers in jj5-test

John Elliot jj5 at progclub.org
Sun Oct 16 18:50:57 AEDT 2011

On 16/10/2011 6:25 PM, John Elliot wrote:
> Not knowing whose move it is makes this more challenging too, but I
> think a simple way to rate the board would be to say that red has more
> pieces and is therefore probably winning.

That said, that red has more pieces suggests it is probably white's
move, and in that case white is guaranteed to get a king. So it will be
7 pieces (with one king) vs 8 pieces, which doesn't sound like a
terribly bad position for white to be in.

I think it's rather hilarious that I've distracted myself with this
miniature. I really do have shitloads of other work to be doing. :P