[ProgClub list] SEO hacking

John Elliot jj5 at progclub.org
Sun Sep 4 15:47:12 AEST 2011

On 4/09/2011 3:06 PM, John Elliot wrote:
> href="http://www.progclub.org/wiki/Programmers'_Club">Programmers' Club</a>

It might be better to escape the single-quote character, I'm not really
sure. Maybe use this HTML instead:

href="http://www.progclub.org/wiki/Programmers%27_Club">Programmers'
Club</a>

If you only have room for a single link it's probably better to link to
the Programmers' Club page rather than directly to the home page, so
something like this:

Programmers' Club</a>

or this:

And Key, if you're listening, thanks very much for linking to our site
from your blog!

  http://knockycode.wordpress.com/

It's cool if you leave it like that, but it'd probably be a little more
useful from an SEO point of view if you linked to the Programmers' Club
page instead of the home page:

  http://www.progclub.org/wiki/Programmers%27_Club

Maybe something you can change if you have a minute. Although if you
find it easier to get linked straight to the home page it's cool if you
don't change it.

Thanks!

John.