[ProgClub programming] Metasyntactic variable

Stuart Laughlin stuart at bistrotech.net
Fri Nov 18 00:36:54 AEDT 2016

Is this the list?

---------------
English
Metasyntactic variables used in the United States include foobar, foo, bar,
baz, qux, quux, corge, grault, garply, waldo, fred, plugh, xyzzy, and
thud.[1] Wibble, wobble, wubble, and flob are used in the UK.[8]

I commonly use foo, bar, baz, quux, and quuz (the last being the only one
not on the list). I don't recall ever seeing any of the others in ~20 years
of programming.

--Stuart