[ProgClub programming] man search

Jevan Pipitone discussion-email-lists at jevan.com.au
Sun Jun 2 15:41:20 AEST 2019

Here's what I found about expandsz / expandsize:

https://pthree.org/2012/12/12/zfs-administration-part-vii-zpool-properties/

expandsize: Amount of uninitialized space within the pool or device that
can be used to increase the total capacity of the pool. Uninitialized
space consists of any space on an EFI labeled vdev which has not been
brought online (i.e. "zpool online -e"). This space occurs when a LUN is
dynamically expanded.

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/solved-zfs-expandsize.45190/

Jevan.

On Fri. 31-May-19 12:28 am, John Elliot V | ProgClub wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out what 'EXPANDSZ' means in the output from
> 'zpool', but the 'zpool' man page doesn't indicate.
>
> So I was hoping to search the entire contents of 'man' with some sort of
> search feature. After all perhaps EXPANDSZ is documented elsewhere.
>
> Having never searched 'man' content before I started out with a web
> search in order to learn how that might be done:
>
>   https://duckduckgo.com/?q=man+search
>
> ...and it's all about "Man's Search for Meaning", which I thought was
> kinda poetic. :)
>
> May the Force be with you,
> John Elliot V
>
> p.s. is it possible to search the 'man' database?

Signature

Volunteer Work Only (but you can make money)
MIT SE (UC), GradDip IT (UC), BSc (ANU),
GradCert Rsch Methods & Des (UC)

I am here for online friends, hobbies, volunteer work, and working on
business ideas, and I am on Centrelink Disability Support Pension
(Schizophrenia & Aspergers). I suspect that what will probably work is
people who are on a Centrelink payment such as unemployed, disability,
or retired, since they can benefit from me and since it allows me to
give back to Centrelink, and also, if female friends then age 49+ and
less attractive so that they will find me attractive, also probably
overweight since I am overweight. However I can also work with highly
skilled people since I can make use of what I get from them that is
useful for me to be able to work with interesting concepts. Me:
Computing Researcher, Self Employed, Innovation, Management, Canberra
Australia. Interests: Especially things involving the use of a computer.
Creating, Doing, Improvising, Analysing for Improvement: Computer
Programming Open Source including C#/VB.NET, CSS, HTML, Javascript, MS
Visual Studio, My/MS Sql, PHP, WinForms, WPF. 3d animation, Acting
Improvisations, Audio Podcasts, Business & Startups, Chat, Creative
Writing & Poetry, Creativity, Dancing, Debating, Decisions, Digital Art,
Discussion of Topics, Electronic Music Composition/Creation (FL Studio),
Engineering, Friends, Ideas, Information Analysis, Innovation, IT
Tuition, Jazz Piano, Jazz Singing Male Baritone & Choir & Karaoke,
Management, PC Support, Photography, Public Speaking, Reading online
science magazines and emails, Research, Science, Making YouTube Videos.
Friendship with adults via phone, Email, Online Chat, anything we can
make and send each other and collaborate on. Note: For our interactions,
collaborations, hobbies, volunteer work, etc to turn out successful, it
may be necessary for there to be a financial cost to me in order for you
or your organization to make it work, so let me know what you suggest.

Web: http://www.jevan.com.au/
Email: email5 at jevan.com.au <mailto:email5 at jevan.com.au>
Tel: (02) 6152 8010 (or +61 2 6152 8010)
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jevanpipitone
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jevanpipitone
GitHub: http://www.github.com/jevanpipitone
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jevanpipitone