Jevan Pipitone discussion-email-lists at jevan.com.au
Mon Jun 3 22:29:04 AEST 2019

https://askubuntu.com/questions/525767/what-does-an-exec-command-do

Jevan.

On Mon. 03-Jun.-19 4:57 pm, John Elliot V | ProgClub wrote:
> On 3/6/19 3:28 pm, Roland Turner via programming wrote:
>>> I did try 'man exec' but that's obviously not what I want and I searched
>>> for "exec" in 'man bash' but that returned the phone book...
>>      $ man bash
>>
>>      :/exec \[
> Ah, nice one! I'm gonna have to remember that pattern.
>
>> Note in particular the special handling when arguments are not present.
> Got it. Thanks!
>
>> The other thing to look at is process substitution.
> Yes, very interesting. You can just switch out an entire shell process!
>
>> The userdata variant is only relevant if you're tinkering with the
>> innards of your ...favourite cloud initialisation tool.
> :)
>
> I've learned that there are a lot of interesting things you can do with
> cloud-init, e.g.:
>
>   https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/examples.html
>
> I built out my own solution (using shell scripts, run-once services, and
> Terraform) before I discovered cloud-init. I should probably revise my
> processes in light of this...

Signature

Volunteer Work Only (but you can make money)
MIT SE (UC), GradDip IT (UC), BSc (ANU),
GradCert Rsch Methods & Des (UC)

I am here for online friends, hobbies, volunteer work, and working on
business ideas, and I am on Centrelink Disability Support Pension
(Schizophrenia & Aspergers). I suspect that what will probably work is
people who are on a Centrelink payment such as unemployed, disability,
or retired, since they can benefit from me and since it allows me to
give back to Centrelink, and also, if female friends then age 49+ and
less attractive so that they will find me attractive, also probably
overweight since I am overweight. However I can also work with highly
skilled people since I can make use of what I get from them that is
useful for me to be able to work with interesting concepts. Me:
Computing Researcher, Self Employed, Innovation, Management, Canberra
Australia. Interests: Especially things involving the use of a computer.
Creating, Doing, Improvising, Analysing for Improvement: Computer
Programming Open Source including C#/VB.NET, CSS, HTML, Javascript, MS
Visual Studio, My/MS Sql, PHP, WinForms, WPF. 3d animation, Acting
Improvisations, Audio Podcasts, Business & Startups, Chat, Creative
Writing & Poetry, Creativity, Dancing, Debating, Decisions, Digital Art,
Discussion of Topics, Electronic Music Composition/Creation (FL Studio),
Engineering, Friends, Ideas, Information Analysis, Innovation, IT
Tuition, Jazz Piano, Jazz Singing Male Baritone & Choir & Karaoke,
Management, PC Support, Photography, Public Speaking, Reading online
science magazines and emails, Research, Science, Making YouTube Videos.
Friendship with adults via phone, Email, Online Chat, anything we can
make and send each other and collaborate on. Note: For our interactions,
collaborations, hobbies, volunteer work, etc to turn out successful, it
may be necessary for there to be a financial cost to me in order for you
or your organization to make it work, so let me know what you suggest.

Web: http://www.jevan.com.au/
Email: email5 at jevan.com.au <mailto:email5 at jevan.com.au>
Tel: (02) 6152 8010 (or +61 2 6152 8010)
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jevanpipitone
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jevanpipitone
GitHub: http://www.github.com/jevanpipitone
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jevanpipitone