John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Wed Jun 5 09:35:37 AEST 2019

On 5/6/19 9:05 am, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
>  You misunderstand.

Sorry if I'm being dense.

>  That is, assume a system is robust and provide access to monitor and
> alert on the system's progress and health, rather than focus on
> visibility *because* of an assumption that a system is not robust.

If only I could share your faith in the system...

Anyway, seems to me like it's six one way half a dozen the other. Either
way I have a console open that I can ignore until it sends me a message
in red. It might be my shell script running in screen, or it might be my
graylog system scanning syslogs of my fleet...

When I have graylog functional I will have a more expansive view of the
status of my fleet, but in the interim what I really need to know is if
my backups seem to be being processed without issue...