Jedd Rashbrooke jedd.rashbrooke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 10:34:07 AEST 2019

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 09:35, John Elliot V | ProgClub <jj5 at progclub.org>
wrote:

> If only I could share your faith in the system...

 My faith <sic> is in using software used, debugged, maintained by many
people.

> Either way I have a console open that I can ignore until it sends me a
> message in red.

 I think our language diverges here.

 If you're watching something in case it goes red, you're not ignoring it.

 And it's that unnecessary cognitive imposition that I'd find intolerable.

 Whatever thing turns the font red should be able to raise an alert, say by
sending an email.

 While not quite as venerable as cron, SMTP is nearly 40 years old, and can
safely be relied on.