John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Thu Jun 6 07:11:19 AEST 2019

On 5/6/19 11:36 am, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
>  In any case having systems seek your attention if and only if there's a
> problem makes for a more peaceful life than systems that require
> relentless attention while everything's fine.  At least, that's the
> position I'm working from -- is it a contentious statement?

I don't have any beef with your basic position, although I would note
that things can be quiet because they're working fine or things could be
quiet because the error messages aren't being
generated/dispatched/delivered... if you're not keeping your eye on
things how would you know?

It's a comfort to me to sit here and watch my maintenance scripts run in
the background as I do my work... it's not distracting and usually
everything is green.