Roland Turner roland at rolandturner.com
Thu Jun 6 09:37:38 AEST 2019

On 6/6/19 5:20 am, John Elliot V | ProgClub wrote:

> Thanks for those examples, very handy! I've written them up for John's
> Linux Page:
>
> https://www.progclub.org/wiki/John%27s_Linux_page#Stopping_a_script_from_running_if_it_previously_exited_due_to_error

You left the vitally important "-e" out (the "|| exit 1" after mkdir is
redundant, while the alarm case won't work at all without -e).

Also, it appears that in my haste I transposed mkdir and trap in the
single instance case. (Reasons for putting carefully tested versions
into blog posts and referring to them rather than doing it from memory...).

- Raz