John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Thu Jun 6 17:35:07 AEST 2019

On 6/6/19 5:22 pm, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
>  Specify required functionality (not in terms of current mechanism) and
> I'll have yet another go at answering it.

That in the event of data loss on one of my hosts I could rebuild the
host (if necessary) and deploy backup data to it with minimal loss of data.

Also that AWS I/O costs aren't too onerous. To give you some idea on
that front my backups can cycle in roughly 22 minutes. If I run them in
a tight loop the I/O costs go high, I forget the numbers but the I/O
bill hurt a bit. So I rate limited to four hours, which didn't incur
inordinate I/O costs.

So I guess I want to limit my exposure to data loss for minimal cost.