John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Fri Jun 7 15:56:59 AEST 2019

On 7/6/19 3:45 pm, Roland Turner via programming wrote:
>> Sure. But those things are slightly more difficult than accessing a
>> backup file system which is already mounted.
>
> Is this an important concern?

Not particularly. But it is some level of concern, albeit minor.

>> Also, if I do need to access a backup file, there very well may be some
>> level of urgency; in which case waiting for snapshots to turn into
>> volumes or whatnot might be an exacerbating delay...
>
> For example? (You're not running life-critical services; a few minutes
> delay once a year is neither here nor there.)

Yeah, probably not a big deal. But who's to say. You can imagine I sent
my resume to Elon Musk with a link to my magnum opus web application but
it's gone offline because of an errant configuration change I've just
made and if I act quick I'll have the problem fixed before he clicks on
the link...