John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Fri Jun 7 16:08:49 AEST 2019

On 7/6/19 4:03 pm, Roland Turner via programming wrote:
>>> Is this an important concern?
>> Not particularly. But it is some level of concern, albeit minor.
>
> It's not worth spending time on concerns this minor. Seriously. The time
> spent is worth more than could possibly be saved.

I didn't spend any time on this concern. I just got it for free with the
design of my network backup solution. I do feel that further discussion
on the topic would not be time particularly well spent, however. :P

> I'm not interested in security theatre. If you have zero real-world
> cases in decades of operation then it's not worth considering.

Sorry Raz, I haven't kept good logs on such issues. Certainly there have
been times in my life where having a backup saved my bacon. But I forget
the details. Also there have been emergencies in my life where having
quick and ready access to facilities has saved my bacon. But I forget
the details.