[ProgClub programming] Centralised logging

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Tue Jun 11 20:25:34 AEST 2019

On 11/6/19 8:02 am, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
>  If only there were tools that record performance metrics over time.

Okay. I'm ready. Will you help me get this done?

First things first:

1. Will a VM on my LAN do for the log repository?
2. How much storage should I provision for the log repository?

I have around 20 to 70 hosts on my network in total, depending on how
and when you want to count them. Should test systems send their logs to
the production log server, or should I provision a test log server too?
Or ignore logs from test systems?