[ProgClub programming] Centralised logging

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Wed Jun 12 17:17:39 AEST 2019

On 11/6/19 11:58 pm, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
> You could perhaps run everything in separate containers on the one VM?

I would like to pursue this option. Then, instead of having three
logging servers, I can have just one.

I have no experience with containers, so in addition to learning about
LVM I can use this as an opportunity to learn about containers, too.

So that brings us back to the disk requirements for my new VM. Still
just start with 30 GB for the system? Or maybe bump that up to 50 GB?
What are the suggested initial CPU and RAM settings?