[ProgClub programming] MIT or GPL

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Tue Jun 18 07:13:54 AEST 2019

On 15/6/19 2:17 pm, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 at 05:26, John Elliot V | ProgClub <jj5 at progclub.org
> <mailto:jj5 at progclub.org>> wrote:
>
>     Is MIT or GPL a better default?
>
>  Wasn't that question addressed by the article you linked?

I will take that as no contest.

>  You may wish to
> consider:  https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#Expat

Many many people refer to the "MIT license"... I moved to the MIT
license from the BSD license because I didn't want to make
qualifications... and I'm disinclined to make way for rms's
nitpicking... but perhaps I should just use "Apache 2.0" and be done
with it. Also the AGPL is of interest... if I was gonna go GPL I would
go AGPL... thoughts?