[ProgClub programming] Announcing rf.php and rnd()

Jedd Rashbrooke jedd.rashbrooke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 09:05:15 AEST 2019

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 08:58, John Elliot V | ProgClub <jj5 at progclub.org>
wrote:

> By the way, the '.' is redundant.

 In contrast, 644 of the 645 lines spread over three files and requiring a
specifically pathed php (not using /usr/bin/env yet?) might, by people more
churlish than myself, be said to be surplus to requirements.

 But .. I *like* the dot, and will refuse to have someone talk me out of
using the dot, because the dot works for me, and I've been using the dot
for a long time  .. etc etc.

 Ultimately, (re)writing randomising functions to select files to do
partially check the veracity of entire backups seems .. misguided.