[ProgClub programming] Announcing rf.php and rnd()

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Wed Jun 19 13:15:21 AEST 2019

On 19/6/19 11:36 am, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
>     You have suggested a while back that I use 'dirvish', but I can barely
>     believe that you could make such a recommendation with a straight face.
>     (If you want me to tear strips off dirvish by all means let me know and
>     I will oblige.)
>
>  I confess to some curiosity.

I think the part on their home page where they list the news for "05
October 2008" twice, once in entirely the wrong place, is instructive.

 http://dirvish.org/

I read their code:

 http://dirvish.org/dirvish-1.2.1.tgz

A 1,000 line long uncommented procedural perl script. Yuck. It might
work. What would I know. I would certainly feel much more confident
running with my own software than relying on this script, but that might
just be because I don't understand perl very much.