[ProgClub programming] Announcing the base() shell function

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Thu Jun 20 20:43:32 AEST 2019

Thanks for the .gitconfig tip. I've added it like this:

[alias]
        base = rev-parse --show-toplevel

I'm using the Salt Stack users-formula:

 https://github.com/saltstack-formulas/users-formula

So I was able to push out this change by updating my user pillar data, e.g.:

 users:
   jj5:
     gitconfig:
       alias.base: 'rev-parse --show-toplevel'

I didn't create the 'wtaf' alias (or an appropriately named equivalent)
because I already have the base() function which handles that and more
cases.