[ProgClub programming] Announcing the base() shell function

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Sun Jun 23 11:58:03 AEST 2019

On 23/6/19 8:06 am, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
> After you run 'base' what's the very next thing(s) you do?

Run something in bin, e.g.

 jj5 at tact:~/repo/svn/my-repo/my-project/src/web/res$ base
 jj5 at tact:~/repo/svn/my-repo/my-project$ bin/my-process.sh

Also commit to source control.

>> I need to pick one of the above and I'm a bit stuck...
>
> Pick one.

I think I will pick pillar.i.sysid. I have some reservations but this
approach has two advantages, one being that it keeps one layer of
indirection compared with a direct pillar.sysid, the other being that
it's as short as you can get (while still having an indirection). It's
also kind of neat as 'i' is often the index that indicates the current
item... pillar.i.sysid will do.