[ProgClub programming] Announcing the base() shell function

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Mon Jun 24 23:03:04 AEST 2019

On 24/6/19 10:40 pm, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
> I note the author talks about git, but doesn't mention svn.

I'm not sure if this one [1] turned up on HN (I saw it on r/programming)...

"As a bazaar, each piece of content depends on how much engagement it
gives. If we compare an ancient — but important — build system like Make
to Webpack, there will — on average — be much more content and
excitement around the newest technology. This can give you a false view
of what people actually use in day to day practice."

[1]
https://www.nemil.com/on-software-engineering/beware-engineering-media.html