[ProgClub programming] Monitoring disk utilisation in the cloud

Jedd Rashbrooke jedd.rashbrooke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 18:20:36 AEST 2019

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 at 16:12, John Elliot V | ProgClub <jj5 at progclub.org>
wrote:

> On 02/07/18 16:08, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
> >  Zabbix and/or Prometheus would be my recommendation.  And graylog,
> natch.
>
> Thanks Jedd! You mentioned graylog a while back, and I have provisioned
> a server (a VM on my LAN) to run it, but haven't got around to

 Given:

 a)  Elastic just announced their beta SIEM integration product with the
7.2 release (it is way cool), and
 b)  the quality of their OOTB pipelines & dashboards for metrics, logs,
and event (APM) tooling, and
 c)  I was having a chat with some Elastic guys today at one of their
shindigs and their roadmap's looking real nice, and
 d)  in the last twelve months you haven't installed any one of Prometheus,
Zabbix, Elasticsearch, or Graylog,

 my recommendation today is to go all in on Elastic for metrics and logs,
and in four or five years, application layer monitoring.