[ProgClub programming] Installing software from github
John Elliot V | ProgClub
jj5 at progclub.org
Fri Jun 28 14:39:14 AEST 2019
On 28/6/19 1:40 pm, John Elliot V | ProgClub wrote:
> What do other people do when they want to install some software
> maintained on github on a handful of their computers?
I'm still interested to hear what others do but for now I've done things
this  way. I've created a salt config which I apply as standard on
all minions which gets a tagged version of a library from github and
then creates some symlinks to its parts in /usr/local/bin. This can be
extended to other github software projects/libraries in future.
May the Force be with you,
John Elliot V
 root at diligence:/srv# cat salt/conf/base/github.sls
- makedirs: True
- pkg: git
- name: svn co https://github.com/numblr/glaciertools.git/tags/v1.1
- unless: test -d /srv/github/numblr/glaciertools-v1.1
- file: /srv/github/numblr
- target: /srv/github/numblr/glaciertools-v1.1/glacierabort
- target: /srv/github/numblr/glaciertools-v1.1/glacierupload
- target: /srv/github/numblr/glaciertools-v1.1/treehash
|_|_|O| Because every programmer needs a good club!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 231 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the programming