[ProgClub programming] Microsoft mail servers not working for ProgClub

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Tue Jul 14 00:06:53 AEST 2020

So I've had an issue over the last few weeks wherein my company mail
server was on a block list at Microsoft, meaning my users and I could
not send mail to hotmail.com, live.com, outlook.com, etc. This was
actually enough of a problem that I needed to find a solution and I
spent weeks trying and trying again to get a resolution with Microsoft.

In the end I was able to get my company mail server off the block list,
but now it turns out the ProgClub mail server is on the block list too!

I don't think I care to resolve that issue, do I? I don't think we have
any hotmail.com or live.com or outlook.com users here on the ProgClub
mailing lists and I don't think anyone is using us for general purpose
mail so I think I'm just gonna let sleeping dogs lie... I don't want to
go through the process again if I don't need to...