[ProgClub programming] AMD vs Nvidia

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Tue Jul 14 01:06:23 AEST 2020

On 14/7/20 12:53 am, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
>  Is there something wrong with your current video output?

The problem with my current setup isn't the video cards as much as the
monitors...

I have one 4k monitor connected with DisplayPort cable doing 3840x2160,
which is grand, but the other monitor, connected via HDMI, can only
support a maximum resolution of 2560x1440.

But I've just this week ordered a replacement monitor (the same as the
first one) so I should be able to drive that with the HDMI cable.

I tend to suspect that pretty much *any* video card will meet my
requirements these days... anyway there's no hurry so I'll keep looking
around and thinking about it.

One thing that I think I will want to do is get a KVM that can support
4k (such as this [1] one) so I can switch between my old workstation and
my new workstation (you know, when I actually have my new workstation,
one day, maybe).

[1] https://www.aten.com/us/en/products/kvm/desktop-kvm-switches/cs1922/