[ProgClub programming] Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Mon Jul 20 01:04:18 AEST 2020

On 19/7/20 11:23 pm, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
>  Is there some compatibility reason to go for the 3B at this stage?

I'm not the person to be asking. Based on your comments you know much
more about Raspberry Pi than I do!

I got the 3B+ instead of 4 because:

a) there was a cheap NOOBS 16GB SD Card in stock:

 https://raspberry.piaustralia.com.au/collections/linux-distributions

and

b) the 4B has micro HDMI and I would need cables I don't have.

Also my plans for this box are to tail -f my web logs, and that's all
[1], so 1GB RAM is plenty...

My plan is probably to install Ubuntu Server 18.04, but I might play
with some of the other options before I do...

[1] or maybe not entirely "all", because I saw I could get this [2]
touch screen for $40 so I couldn't help myself I want to check it out...

[2] https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254569900871