[ProgClub programming] Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Jedd Rashbrooke jedd.rashbrooke at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 07:45:19 AEST 2020

 Ah, fairy nuff - sounds like there was a compatibility requirement to go
for an older model after all, and that was the microHDMI cable.

 Because I've been impulse buying 16 and 32 mSD cards for years, I've never
really noticed those bundled image/microSD card offerings.  And my
understanding is that with Pis you should be trying to relocate as fast as
possible after boot from the microSD onto a standard USB drive (I don't do
this, but am about to, as I'm seeing instability with 3yo microSD driven
Pi's running my security cameras).

 Will Ubuntu Server be sufficient to tail -f a log file?

 I thought you were starting to lean away from Ubuntu's shenanigans.

 As to monitor - I *imagine* a 3" touchscreen would be precisely as fun to
use as it sounds (ie. not much).  I picked up a 7" monitor for $70 (refer:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254630382773 ) a while ago, and it's quite
serviceable for those rare occasions when I need to plug a monitor into one
of my running (but otherwise headless) raspberry pis, especially in tandem
with a mini wireless keyboard/mouse (eg.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/363026974118 )