[ProgClub programming] Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Tue Jul 21 23:09:54 AEST 2020

On 21/7/20 11:01 pm, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
>     That Salt Stack is currently unsupported on 20.04 is starting to become
>     a problem for me. I'd like to upgrade my 10.04 systems but I can't
>     because I rely on Salt Stack being available.
>

>  I might be missing something, however:
>
>  https://repo.saltstack.com/#ubuntu
>
>   ... suggests that salt-minion latest (v3001) is available as deb
> packages for Ubuntu 20 (Focal)

Nice find.

So I was going off the info over here:

 https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/installation/ubuntu.html

Which I guess must simply be out of date?

As Ubuntu 16 was the latest version listed there and in combination with
`apt install salt-minion` not working I had concluded Salt Stack wasn't
available for Ubuntu 20.04 (my guess was that this was due to a python
version problem, not that I know the first thing about that).

But it does look like if I use the Salt Stack APT repository I might be
able to get it to run on Ubuntu 20.04, albeit with an extra
configuration step.

But good to know, thanks! I will do some more experimenting and let you
know what I find...