[ProgClub programming] Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Jedd Rashbrooke jedd.rashbrooke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 23:09:33 AEST 2020

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 22:10, Bryn Davies <curious.jp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been thinking of reviving one of the Pis in my house to stream
> music from youtube, but people tell me the sound hardware isn't that crash
> hot. (Would I even notice?)

 I think most people head down the USB audio adapter path - or if they're
wealthier / more ostentatious, one of the hats you can get for really
high-fidelity audio (eg the DACs from HiFiBerry).  I looked at these a
while ago, but the AU tax to get them was a bit nasty.

 Streaming audio - Plex apparently is the way to go, as it handles all the
synchronisation out to multiple end points.  I haven't played with this at
all yet, as I dived into the Google Home pool a few years ago.