[ProgClub programming] Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Jedd Rashbrooke jedd.rashbrooke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 23:36:01 AEST 2020

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 23:22, John Elliot V | ProgClub <jj5 at progclub.org>
wrote:

> >     Well I'm kind of invested in it now (some degree of vendor lock-in).
> The
> >     reason I used it in preference to Debian was its Long Term Support
> >
> >  Have you ever used this?
>
> Well, yes. I think maybe from 10.04 until it's EOL, or something like
> that. Actually I was stuck on an old revision for quite some time after
> the LTS lapsed as I recall because I was having trouble getting the
> migrations done (this was pre-salt for me).

 You may be interested to note that Ubuntu's 10.04 - landing in 2010-04
(obvs), ended its official support in 2015-04 - so bang on five years.

 The nearest Debian release around then would have been 6.0 - aka Squeeze -
released 2011-02, ended its official security support 2016-02 - so bang on
five years.