[ProgClub programming] Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

John Elliot V | ProgClub jj5 at progclub.org
Wed Jul 22 00:12:01 AEST 2020

On 21/7/20 11:01 pm, Jedd Rashbrooke wrote:
>     That Salt Stack is currently unsupported on 20.04 is starting to become
>     a problem for me. I'd like to upgrade my 10.04 systems but I can't
>     because I rely on Salt Stack being available.
>
>  I might be missing something, however:
>
>  https://repo.saltstack.com/#ubuntu
>
>   ... suggests that salt-minion latest (v3001) is available as deb
> packages for Ubuntu 20 (Focal)

Also, I should say, I really don't like adding additional APT sources
unless I really have to.

If there is a version of Salt Stack available from the developers why
would that be missing from the Ubuntu packages..?

I'd just consider it a whole lot tidier and less risky if I were to get
all of my software from the default Ubuntu LTS repos...