MyInternetShortcuts is the ProgClub shortcut management software. That's the software that helps you organize and share your internet shortcuts. For other projects see projects.
- 1 Status
- 2 Motivation
- 3 Administration
- 4 Resources
- 5 Specifications
- 6 Notes
- 7 Tasks
Under way. Not released yet, there's stuff TODO.
Why this software? Because some friends and I started a project to do this back around the year 2000 and we never shipped it. I think it would be cool software to have.
Members who have contributed to this project. Newest on top.
All contributors have agreed to the terms of the Contributor License Agreement. This excludes any upstream contributors who tend to have different administrative frameworks.
Copyright 2016, Contributors.
Licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License.
Libraries, tools, services or media from third parties used under license:
- N/A at this time
TODO: link to downloads or explain why there aren't any.
There are no downloads yet because this project hasn't been released yet.
The repository can be browsed online:
The latest stable released version of the code will be available from:
Or if you want the latest version for development purposes:
The functional specification describes what the project does.
This project is in planning. It's two things:
- It's a shortcut/bookmark repository that works across your web-browsers. So it can sync with your phone, your firefox, your chrome, etc. (Note: I don't know how to do that technically yet but I'm sure it's possible at least to some degree). The repository has a hierarchical structure (i.e. folders) and shortcuts (a name and a URL in a folder) can have tags. So there is a primary hierarchy and secondary classification. Sorting is done manually so items don't have to be in alphabetical order (but there will be options to automatically sort as desired if desired). Drag/drop for organization.
- It's a shortcut/bookmark sharing system. So you can share (some of) your shortcuts with your friends, and vice versa.
Would be cool to have 'dead links' detection to know when links die. Would be cool if you could edit your firefox bookmarks toolbar and have that sync to your phone and other browsers.
You can share any of your folders with any of your friends, giving them read or read/write permissions. Good for teams sharing a folder with an organized hierarchy of links relevant to a project where some team members can administer the collection and everyone gets updates.
The technical specification describes how the project works.
Notes for implementers
If you are interested in incorporating this software into your project, here's what you need to know:
Copy and paste your way to victory!
Notes for developers
If you're looking to set up a development environment for this project here's what you need to know:
See notes above about getting source code from svn.
Things to do, in rough order of priority:
- Create the project in svn
- Develop web-interface for management: folders, tags, shortcuts (name, URL)
- Research Firefox integration
- Research iPhone/Safari integration
- Research Chrome integration
Stuff that's done. Latest stuff on top.
- JE 2016-05-03: created project page